Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Novak receives ATP World Tour no.1 trophy!

   Novak was officially honoured as the year-end ATP World Tour no.1 on Tuesday. In a special on-court ceremony at The O2, the Serbian star was presented with the award, crafted by Tipperary Crystal, by ATP Executive Chairman and President Adam Helfant.
 
 “ It feels fantastic, making history obviously is a big privilege, ” said Novak, who has recorded a 70-4 match record so far this season, highlighted by winning three Grand Slam trophies. “It’s something I always dreamed about, becoming the best in the world, and finishing the year as no.1 in the world and it’s come true. This year has been the best of my life, the best of my career. All my dreams have been realised and I’m just trying to enjoy every single moment of it and this trophy,” added the 24-year old.

“ I was fortunate enough to have a group of people really believing in me, in my qualities, believing that I could be the best one day. It all came down to myself, if I was really able to bring it or not. Especially in the era of Nadal and Federer, who have been so dominant, it makes my success even bigger. ”
 
   Novak has become the 16th different player to finish as no.1 in the history of the ATP Rankings (since 1973).

  SOURCE: Novak Djokovic Official WebSite
                               (read more)

No comments:

Post a Comment