With defending the title at Roland Garros Spaniard Rafael Nadal has remained at no.1 in the latest ATP Ranking List as of Monday, June 6, 2011.
Reaching the semi-finals of the second Grand Slam of the season, Nole earned new 360 points (last year he lost in quarter-finals). He now has 12,025 points, only 45 less than top-ranked Nadal, and 2,795 more than no.3 Federer.
Nole’s next opportunity to overtake Nadal at world no.1 is Wimbledon, where he will defend semi-final and 720 points, while the Spaniard is the defending champion and has 2000 points to defend.
Novak is first in the ATP race list, which leads to the ATP World Tour Finals in London. He has 7,695 points. Nadal is second with 6,390. The Serb and the Spaniard are the only two players who have already qualified for 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals which will take place at The O2 Arena from 20-27 November.
ATP top 10 as of June 6:
1. (1) Rafael Nadal (Spain) 12.070
2. (2) Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 12,025
3. (3) Roger Federer (Switzerland) 9,230
4. (4) Andy Murray (Great Britain) 6,625
5. (5) Robin Soderling (Sweden) 4,595
6. (7) David Ferrer (Spain) 4,150
7. (6) Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) 3,490
8. (9) Gael Monfils (France) 2,780
9. (10) Mardy Fish (USA) 2,440
10. (11) Andy Roddick (USA) 2,200
SOURCE: Novak Djokovic Official WebSite