Monday, May 30, 2011

Novak into last four after Fognini withdraws!


Novak is one victory away from becoming world no.1!

   Second seed Novak Djokovic advanced to the French Open semi-finals without hitting a ball after his quarter-final opponent world no.49 Italian Fabio Fognini told at news conference on Monday he was pulling out because of injury.

The pair were due to play on Tuesday but the Italian has not recovered from cramps and muscle problems sustained in Sunday's long five-set victory over Spaniard Albert Montanes.
 
" I have a little problem with my left left leg so I have to retire, " Fognini said.
 
"My doctors said if I play tomorrow maybe it can be dangerous. It's the best tournament of my career. But this is the best solution."
 
   Nole is on a 41-match winning streak since the start of the year, just one behind John McEnroe's 1984 record.
 
   His progression to the last four will not count as part of the streak, so the world number two will have to win the title for the first time if he is to break the American's record at Roland Garros.

  SOURCE: Novak Djokovic Official WebSite
                               (read more)

No comments:

Post a Comment