Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rihanna And Drake Debut 'What's My Name?'

For her upcoming record, Loud, Rihanna said she wanted to make music that was like her: "sassy, fun, flirty, energetic." Her high-energy new single, "Only Girl (In the World)," is already proof that the LP is shaping up to be the feel-good party album fans are hoping for. And on Friday (October 15), her much talked-about collaboration with Drake, an alternate version of "What's My Name?" dropped, and the sassy song is all about sex and love.
Drake kicks off the uptempo Loud track with a smooth verse that plays it anything but coy about his intentions for Rihanna.

"I heard you good with them soft lips," he rhymes. "Yeah, you know word of mouth/ The square root of 69 is 8-something/ Right? 'Cause I've been trying to work it out/ Good weed, white wine, I come alive in the nighttime/ OK, away we go/ Only thing we have on is the radio/ Let it play, say you gotta leave, but I know you wanna stay."

Drake's come-ons don't end there. He rambles on with such sweet nothings as: "You just waiting on the traffic jam to finish, girl/ The things that we can do in 20 minutes girl/ Say my name, say my name, wear it out/ It's getting hot, crack a window, air it out/ I can get you through a mighty long day."

Rihanna then comes in, singing her response to Drizzy's provocative proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment