Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rihanna Talks 'Love the Way You Lie' Duet with Eminem

Though some fans may have been surprised to see Rihanna's name on the tracklist of Eminem's 'Recovery' -- out today -- expect to hear more collaborations from the two in the near future. When Em heard the beat that would ultimately become 'Love the Way You Lie,' his duet with the Barbados beauty, he immediately reached out, an honor Em has rarely bestowed on female artists in the past.

"He was like, 'I definitely wanna get Rihanna on this,'" said the the song's producer, Alex da Kid.

The respect is mutual, as Rihanna explained in a recent interview with E! "They reached out to us directly and they just said, 'We have this song and we just think Rihanna would be perfect to sing it," Rihanna said. "Of course, I was like, 'OK, if I love it, I'll definitely do it, because I love Eminem.' And I love the song ... It's really beautiful, and it really stands out."
Rihanna also announced that she hopes to perform the song with Em at one of his shows with Jay-Z this September. "I would love to," she said. "That's a huge stage to be a part of."

The 'Umbrella' singer previously surprised Eminem fans when she performed with him last week at Activisions's E3 concert. Check out "Love the Way You Lie" here.

Eminem's 'Recovery' is in stores today.

No comments:

Post a Comment